EasyMatch QC Version 4.88 and above have ability to connect with current Vista Sensors. For Vista with serial number less than VTS00135 probably need to have some hardware added and the software updated (Vista Essentials 1.00.14 and above).
Here are two common methods that we can use to connect Vista with EZMQC. Please select the right method and follow the corresponding instruction to connect.
Method 1: Connect Vista with EasyMatch QC to the same network hub using Ethernet cables.
1. . Plug Ethernet cable into the back of tHe Vista and the other end to a network hub. Plug the PC to this network hub as well.
If network hub is not preferred, customer can also use a stand-alone router with DHCP server feature to connect Agera and PC for this method.
2. Connect Vista to network, go to JOBS > PREFERENCES > CONFIG NETWORK SETTINGS. Select CONFIGURE ETHERNET SETTINGS. Check USE DHCP FOR ETHERNET CONFIG and click APPLY. If you used the other network setting before, please restart Vista to apply the new network setting.
3. Open EasyMatch QC in the PC. In SENSOR> ADD SENSOR > VISTA. Select ETHERNET and check the box DISCOVER AND SELECT A SENSOR IN THE NETWORK and then click SEARCH to automatically search. There will be a drop-down list of all available Vista sensors. If the sensor in the list including IP address as well as sensor name, then it is connectable. If the sensor in the list with “??????” instead of sensor name, it means that EasyMatch QC cannot find the VISTA, as VISTA is not free to connect to EasyMatch QC. If you meet this problem, you can restart VISTA and click search again. Also, you can go to Vista Essentials, WORKSPACE > DIAGNOSTICS > ADVANCED and click RESTART COMM to have Vista communication available, and then go back to EasyMatch QC and click search again. RESTART COMM is available in Vista Essentials Rev 21 and higher. Please download our latest Vista Essentials from our support website.
Method 2: Direct Connection between Vista and a Computer using an Ethernet cable
1. Connect Vista and PC with an Ethernet cable. You can apply Ethernet adapter here to connect the Ethernet cable to one USB port of the computer.
2. On the computer, check IP settings: Open Command Prompt in the PC. Type in "ipconfig" and check the "autoconfiguration IPv4 Address" as well as the "Subnet Mask".
3. Configure the Vista IP settings: Open Vista Essentials, go to JOBS > PREFERENCES > NETWORK SETTINGS > ETHERNET configuration. Uncheck USE DHCP FOR ETHERNET CONFIG. Type in IP address and Subnet Mask manually. The Subnet Mask is the exact same as the one showing in PC. The last factor in the IP address should be changed such that is different from the computer IP address by one digit. Press APPLY on the Ethernet Configuration and then APPLY on the Preferences Page to complete.
4. Turn the instrument off and then back on.
5. Open EasyMatch QC in the PC. From the SENSOR Menu > ADD SENSOR and select VISTA. Select ETHERNET and uncheck the box DISCOVER AND SELECT A SENSOR IN THE NETWORK. Type in the IP address which has been set up in Vista Essentials or check the box to DISCOVER AND SELECT A SENSOR IN THE NETWORK. Click SEARCH to find the Vista.
Do you still need more information? Submit a ticket and our support team member will reach out to you soon!