HunterLab Technical Support team provides remote support to HunterLab customers by connecting to the end-user instrument and troubleshoot their technical issues. Technical Support agents need to adhere to the remote support policies to have a successful remote session.
When a HunterLab customer requests a remote support session and they don’t have the Host tool installed on their instruments, the technical support agent needs to do the following:
- Step1: Sends an e-mail that asks the customer to register by creating a Support Request in the support site and select: "I need 'RAS Registration'"
- Step2: Once the instrument is registered and verified, another e-mail is sent to the customer that contains the .apk file and the installation guide for the Remote Access Support - host tool.
- Step3: When the host tool is successfully installed in the customer's instrument, it is important to remind the customer of the following instructions before you start a remote session:
- Connect the instrument to the Ethernet.
- Make sure that the instrument generates an IP address.
- Restart RAS by following the instruction in this link: https://support.hunterlab.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005892646-How-to-Restart-the-Remote-Access-Support-RAS-
- Ensure that Netop displays the message “Webconnect ‘hunterlabs’ Online.”
- HunterLab support agent can now securely remote to the customer's instrument.
Note: If Netop doesn't display the message “Webconnect ‘hunterlabs’ Online.” The technical support agent needs to check if the customer has a security policy configured within their network.