EasyMatch QC-ER is a 21 CFR Part 11 compliant version of HunterLab’s EasyMatch QC software for electronic records. Here is how to successfully upgrade to a newer version on the same computer.
The basic steps are the same as upgrading any other software package – back up your user files; uninstall the old software and install the new software following the supplied Validation and Compliance Notebook.
For either a network or local PC installation, the person installing the EasyMatch QC-ER software upgrade must be a System Administrator for the PC with privileges to install and uninstall software on that computer.
- Backup Files. An EasyMatch QC upgrade should have no effect on previous User-created and/or modified files such as Jobs, Job templates or Reports. However, for safety, these files should be backed up onto a flash drive.
- To determine your current installed version of EasyMatch QC-ER, go to HELP > ABOUT.
- For EasyMatch QC-ER versions > 4.20 back up all user files and sub-folders located at c:\HunterLab\EasyMatch QC Client.
- For EasyMatch QC-ER versions < 4.20 back up all user files and sub-folders located at c:\HunterLab\Program Files\EasyMatch QC Client for versions < 4.20.
Note: Occasionally, network administrators will close the CD drive on the PC to conform with network security policy. The CD drive must be open to allow the EasyMatch QC-ER software CD to be read and installed.
- Uninstall Software. To remove the current installed version of EasyMatch QC-ER, go to Start/Control Panel/Programs and remove the following from the list of installed programs:
- EasyMatch QC-ER Client (old version)
- EasyMatch QC-ER Server (old version)
- EasyMatch QC-ER Pre-Installation Wizard (old version)
- Remove Hardware Key. In addition, remove Sentinel Protection Installer by SafeNet, Inc. This is the driver for the HunterLab SuperPro hardware key or dongle and will not be needed in the upgrade. The latest SuperPro key driver for your operating system will be installed with your new EasyMatch QC-ER upgrade. Also remove the HunterLab SuperPro key driver through the Control Panel. A new one will be installed with your EZMQC-ER upgrade.
Remove the HunterLab SuperPro license key or dongle from its USB port on the PC. It will be returned to the USB port after the new EasyMatch QC-ER upgrade is installed.
- Install the Upgrade. To install the new upgrade, go to the installation CD and activate the EasyMatch QC-ER Menu program. From the menu, install the new version of EZMQC-ER following the software IQ steps in the Validation and Compliance Notebook that came with the software upgrade.
- EasyMatch QC-ER Pre-Installation Wizard (new upgrade)
- EasyMatch QC-ER Server (new upgrade)
- EasyMatch QC-ER Client (new upgrade)
- Install Jobs, Job Templates or Report Templates.
- Re-install the Hardware (or Software) Key
- Run the IQOQPQ Protocols. Following the IQOQPQ protocols in the Validation and Compliance Notebook, the person responsible for the installation should sign-off the installation of the new upgrade.
- EasyMatch QC-ER should start-up with the sensor installed. No user-created and/or modified files such as Jobs or Sensor information should be affected. Your hardware key will still work correctly after the upgrade and must be in place at a USB port to successfully start-up your new EasyMatch QC-ER upgrade.
Once into the program, go to HELP > ABOUT to verify that the new version is installed.
Do you still need more information? Submit a ticket and our support team member will reach out to you soon!