From your description of the issues you are experiencing I would recommend completely removing EasyMatch QC from the computer and reinstalling a slightly updated version. Please follow the instructions below.
- Backup your Jobs and Database. First back up all of your user created or modified files; these are your Jobs and the Database. These files should be located at C:\HunterLab\EasyMatchQC. I would recommend making a copy of the HunterLab folder located on the C drive and pasting it to a USB thumb drive for backup. We will be performing a completely fresh install of the software so it is imperative that these files are properly backed up. If you have any questions about this step please make sure to consult your IT department or HunterLab. Once you have the files in a secured location, check the Jobs folder to ensure that the samples are stored within the database.
Once you are completely certain that you have the files you need, follow the directions in the link below to remove the software.
- Uninstall the Software. To perform a clean uninstall of EasyMatch QC - https://hunterlab.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201481099-How-to-perform-a-clean-uninstall-of-EasyMatch-QC.
- Restart the Computer. Once you have removed everything restart the computer.
- Re-install the Software. Prior to installing the software please work with your IT department to ensure that whoever is installing the software is a full administrator on the computer and has full privileges. I have provided the links to a few notes below that detail what is needed for a successful installation of the software.
- Open the Software. When the computer has finished restarting open the EZMQC software, install your instrument, and standardize. Once you have verified this we can add your user files back in.
- Load the Jobs Folder. First make sure that you have closed the software. Then go to the files saved on your USB thumb drive (or whatever secure location you used) and find the Jobs folder. Copy this folder. Then navigate to C:\HunterLab\EasyMatchQC select and right click on the Jobs folder and paste. You will be prompted to overwrite existing files, indicate that 'yes' you would like to overwrite. Please perform this step for the Job Templates folder as well. These should be all of your user created/modified files. You can test them by opening the EasyMatch QC software and opening them here.
Please make sure to restart the computer when prompted during installation as this is an important step.
Do you still need more information? Submit a ticket and our support team member will reach out to you soon!