FAQ: “Our IT department is swapping out all of our older computers and replacing them with new computers with a WIN 10 operating system. How do we transfer our EasyMatch QC software to the new computer?”
- Verify Windows Compatibility. The first step is to verify that your EasyMatch QC software is compatible with Windows operating systems.
a. On your old PC, open the EasyMatch software and go to HELP > ABOUT. For Windows compatibility please refer to our note: Windows Operating Systems for HunterLab Software.
b. If your EasyMatch version is not compatible contact email@example.com for upgrade information. Please include your sensor serial number and EasyMatch QC version number in your email inquiry.
- Backup Jobs, Job Template & Reports. On the old PC, copy sub-folders - Jobs, Job Templates and Reports (if present) at c:\HunterLab\EasyMatch QC for versions > 4.20 (or c:\HunterLab\Program Files\EasyMatch QC for versions < 4.20) to a USB flash disk for file transfer.
- Remove the hardware key. Remove the HunterLab SuperPro hardware key or dongle from a USB port on the old PC and take it to your new PC.
- Install EasyMatch QC. Locate the installation CD and install as follows on the new PC. It is best to install from the original CD instead of ghosting the old PC hard drive and copying it to the new one. Here are the steps to install EasyMatch QC on your new computer from an existing or upgrade CD. You can also find more info in our EasyMatch QC Quick Start Guide.
Note: For either a network or local PC installation of EasyMatch QC software, the person performing the installation must be a System Administrator for the PC, with software installation privileges for both the old and new computers.
On the new PC, install the EasyMatch QC software from the installation CD by activating the EasyMatch QC Menu program. Follow the steps to install the EasyMatch QC software to completion. You must see a “installation successful” message before the installation is complete.
- Restore the Jobs, Job Templates and Reports Folders. From your flash drive copy the backup files to the same location on the PC at c:\HunterLab\EasyMatch QC. Overwrite existing files if necessary.
- Install Software Key. Newer versions of the EasyMatch QC software use a SoftKey More details about this can be found in our SoftKey FAQ.
- (if needed). Start EasyMatch QC and activate the SoftKey.
- Install The Sensor. Go to Sensor > Install/Configure to add the sensor. User-created and/or modified files such as Jobs, Job Templates and Reports should not be affected.
If the sensor is not recognized, leave the software and using File Explorer go to c:\HunterLab\EasyMatch QC\Sensor and delete the sensor.dat file. This will remove all sensor information. Re-start EasyMatch QC and you will get a message stating that no sensor is installed. Go to SENSOR > INSTALL/CONFIGURE and re-install your sensor.
- Standardize as normal and you are ready to take color measurements. If you want to run the SENSOR > DIAGNOSTICS this would be a good step.
Do you still need more information? Submit a ticket and our support team member will reach out to you soon!