FAQ: “Our IT department is swapping out all of our XP computers and replacing them with new computers with a WIN 7 operating system. How do we transfer our EasyMatch QC software to the new computer?”
The first step is to verify that your EasyMatch QC software is compatible with Windows 7 or higher operating systems. On your old PC, enter the EasyMatch software and go to Help/About. If your EasyMatch QC version is > 4.30, it is compatible with Windows 7 32 or 64 bit operating systems.
If your EasyMatch version < 4.30, contact email@example.com for upgrade information. Please include your sensor serial number and EasyMatch QC version number in your email inquiry.
If your EasyMatch version >= 4.30, locate the original installation CD and install as follows on the new PC. It is best to install from the original CD instead of ghosting the old PC hard drive and copying it to the new one.
Here are the steps to install EasyMatch QC on your new computer from an existing or upgrade CD.
- For either a network or local PC installation of EasyMatch QC software, the person performing the installation must be a System Administrator for the PC, with software installation privileges for both the old and new computers.
- On the old PC, copy sub-folders - Jobs, Job Templates and Reports (if present) at c:\HunterLab\EasyMatch QC for versions > 4.20 (or c:\HunterLab\Program Files\EasyMatch QC for versions < 4.20) to a USB flash disk for file transfer.
- Remove the HunterLab SuperPro hardware key or dongle from a USB port on the old PC and take it to your new PC.
- On the new PC, install the EZMQC software from the installation CD by activating the EasyMatch QC Menu program. Follow the steps to install the EasyMatch QC software to completion. Please note that you must see a “installation successful” message before the installation is complete.
- Copy the Jobs, Job Templates and Reports folders from your flash drive backup of User Files to the same location on the PC at c:\HunterLab\EasyMatch QC. Overwrite existing files if necessary.
- Install the HunterLab SuperPro hardware key at any USB port on the new computer. Wait a moment for the hardware key to be recognized the first time by the operating system. Your HunterLab hardware key will work correctly on the new PC and must be in place at a USB port on the new computer to successfully start-up your existing EasyMatch QC version >= 4.30, or new EasyMatch QC upgrade.
- Start EasyMatch QC and install the sensor. User-created and/or modified files such as Jobs, Job Templates and Reports should not be affected.
- If the sensor is not recognized, leave the software and using File Explorer go to c:\HunterLab\EasyMatch QC\Sensor and delete the sensor.dat file. This will remove all sensor information. Re-start EasyMatch QC and you will get a message stating that no sensor is installed. Go to Sensor/Install/Configure and re-install your sensor.
- Standardize as normal and you are ready to take color measurements. If you want to run the Sensor/Diagnostics as an OQ Operation Qualification, this would be a good step.
If you have any installation difficulties, search our FAQs on EZMQC installation, or contact HunterLab at firstname.lastname@example.org.