FAQ: "Do you have a disposable plastic transmittance cell with a 10 mm path length?"
While not as optically optimal as HunterLab's glass 10-mm transmittance cell (HL# 13-8573-40), this 10-mm disposable plastic cell is useful for measuring the color of any transparent liquids where cell cleaning is difficult.
If the liquid sample is translucent but near-opaque, using a 10 mm path length may be sufficient depth to make this translucent sample effectively opaque using the white ceramic sample clamp as a cell backing.
This acrylic cell option can also be used to contain and measure opaque powders backed by the sample clamp to position the cell at the port. Measuring in RSEX (Reflectance Specular Excluded) mode is recommended to eliminate the specular shine off the first window of the cell. User of the largest area of view will area average non-uniformity of the sample.
Disposable, 10 mm acrylic plastic cell characteristics:
- Internal path length between window faces is consistent at 10 mm.
- Made of clear acrylic and low cost.
- Sample volume required is 20 ml - very conserving of sample.
- Dimensions: 12.5-mm x 32.5-mm wide x 45-mm height and open at the top.
- These disposable 10-mm acrylic cells will fit on a standard C02-1005-481 Transmittance Cell Holder in HunterLab UltraScan PRO, UltraScan VIS, ColorQuest XE and XT sphere instruments without modification, but the best option is CMR-2987 Mod Trans Cell Holder 10-mm Acrylic Cells. This the same standard transmission cell holder with an L-bracket to more precisely center these 10-mm acrylic cells at the measurement port. HunterLab also has a version of the transmission cell holder that incorporates a spill tray (D02-1011-568 Transmittance Spill Tray and Cell Holder) for accident situations.
- For measuring opaque liquids or powders, this 10-mm acrylic cell will cover reflectance port of HunterLab UltraScan PRO, UltraScan VIS and ColorQuest XE sphere instruments using instrument sample clamp with ceramic white backing can be to position the cell and provide a constant surround or backing. Standardization in RSEX Reflectance Specular Excluded mode in the largest area of view is recommended to negate the specular gloss or shine from the front cell window affecting the measurement.
Order 10 mm acrylic cells from third-party vendor as part # 24022642 cuvette vials from:
Joe Pietryka Inc.
Pawling, NY 12564 USA
FAQ: "Do you know what the melting point of these acrylic cells is?"
Melting point of acrylic is 160 °C/320 °F which means you can heat the sample in these cells in a water bath.
FAQ: "Could I have a quote on each cell option only, no accessories needed at this time."
HunterLab does not sell these third-party plastic cells in order not to add our overhead to the cost.
As clients find them useful, we facilitate the use of these plastic cells by building holders for them, and directing clients to contact the source directly for cost and availability information.
Do you still need more information? Submit a ticket and our support team member will reach out to you soon!