If you have ever configured a number of product setups at once using the keypad buttons of a ColorFlex or MiniScan XE Plus, you know that it can be a tedious process and painful on the fingers! If you have multiple instruments to configure, you might approach it with a feeling of dread. However, if you also have HunterLab’s EasyMatch QC software (version 3.70 or higher) available to you, you can simplify and speed this process. In addition, you can store your configured setups within the software in case they should be lost due to instrument malfunction or reset, and you can use that same stored group of setups to quickly configure multiple instruments the same way using a computer keyboard and mouse rather than the keypad of the instrument.
Let’s walk through an example in which we will use EasyMatch QC to configure the setups of one instrument, store those setups, and then send those exact same setups to another instrument. To do so, complete the following steps:
1. Connect the first ColorFlex or MiniScan XE Plus to be configured to your computer, open
EasyMatch QC, and install and connect this instrument to the software.
2. Open the Sensor menu and choose Configure Setups. The following screen appears.
3. Click the Edit button. The screen that appears allows you to configure the parameters of each individual setup.
4. If you already have setups configured in this instrument that you would like to keep, click Retrieve All. Even if you have not already configured setups in this instrument, you may want to click Retrieve All so that the default setups stored in the instrument will be retained. All 99 setups in the instrument will be brought into your computer’s memory. This will take a few minutes, so please be patient.
5. The Product Setup Configuration screen will change to match the setups you retrieved. Note that the Setup ID for Setup Number 1 has changed from “SETUP NUMBER 1” in the picture above to “DAYLIGHT COLOR” in the picture below.
6. Alter any or all of the 99 setups as desired using your keyboard and mouse. In the pictures shown below, we have altered Setup Number 99.
7. Once all of the setups are the way you want them, click OK and return to the Setup Groups screen.
8. Place your mouse cursor in the white box on the left side of the screen and type a name for this group of 99 setups.
9. Click Save to save this group of setups under the name you chose.
10. Click Done.
11. At any time, now or in the future, you may send these setups back to the same instrument or send them to a different instrument. Just connect the ColorFlex or MiniScan XE Plus to your computer, open EasyMatch QC, and install and connect this instrument to the software.
12. Open the Sensor menu and choose Configure Setups.
13. Select the name of the group of setups you saved from the drop-down list on the left side of the screen and click Get.
14. Click Download. The setups in this group are sent to the instrument. This will take a few minutes, so please be patient.
15. Repeat Steps 11-14 for any instruments that will share these setups.
(See attached for the complete article)