How do I transfer my EasyMatch QC database from my old computer to my new computer? Follow
Edited by Shannon and Gordon
To transfer your database you will first need to confirm the database you are currently using with EasyMatch QC. You can find this information by going to OPTIONS > SYSTEM CONFIGURATION > DATA STORAGE in EasyMatch QC software.
1. You will see a field for Database Name with the current database path to the right of it. This is the database you are currently using with EasyMatch QC. Its file path is typically found at c:\HunterLab\EasyMatchQC\Jobs although it can be set by the user to another location such as a network folder.
2. Locate the database file on the old computer that you want to move. The default database for EasyMatch QC is typically EZQC.mdb although a user may create a database of a different name at FILE > DATABASE > CREATE NEW DATABASE.
3. Using Windows File Explorer, navigate to the database location.
- If you are using EasyMatch QC ver 4.20 and above the database will be located at C:\HunterLab\EasyMatchQC\Jobs.
- If you have a version of EasyMatch QC earlier than ver 4.20, the database will be located at C:\Program Files\HunterLab\EasyMatchQC\Jobs.
- To determine the version of EasyMatch QC, go to HELP > ABOUT.
4. Copy the database that you are using to a thumb drive for transfer to the new computer.
5. On your new computer navigate to c:\HunterLab\EasyMatchQC\Jobs and paste the transfer database.
6. Then open the EasyMatch QC software and go to OPTIONS > SYSTEM CONFIGURATION > DATA STORAGE. Select Database Name with the current database path to the right of it and select the BROWSE button to the right of that. Locate your transferred database and select OPEN and OK to save your changes.
7. You will need to close and reopen the EasyMatch QC software for the changes to take effect.
You should now see your database name in the EasyMatch QC banner bar at the top.
Do you still need more information? Submit a ticket and our support team member will reach out to you soon!
Please sign in to leave a comment.