FAQ: “I have a client looking for a petri dish for her CFEZ. She said she prefers plastic so that they won’t break, but she would like them to be in 60 mm diameter.”
Depending on the sample conditions, sometimes it can be handy to have a plastic sample container that can be re-cycled and replaced.
Here are sources for a disposable, polystyrene tissue culture dish - 60 mm diameter x 15 mm high, suitable for HunterLab instruments with port diameters less than 50 mm diameter. Just fill with enough sample to be effectively opaque when viewed through the bottom.
- Corning Falcon polystyrene tissue culture dishes (60 mm diameter x 15 mm high) are available from Fisher Scientific www.fishersci.com (Catalogue number 08-772B).
- SKS polystyrene petri dishes (55 mm diameter x 13 mm high) available from SKS Science www.sks-science.com (Catalogue number D210-13).
Other brands are also acceptable provided:
- They are optically clear through the measurement window (no grids).
- The measurement window can be placed flush at the port.
- The dish window is larger than the port diameter.