How to Hitch Aeros to Existing Standards and Color Measuring Instruments Follow
Adjustments can be made to Aeros so that the measured color more closely matches existing instrumentation. This process is called "Hitching". Follow the instructions below and use the downloadable Excel spreadsheet to help guide you through the process.
- Measure a known good sample or tile with Aeros and then with the instrument that you are hitching to and then enter the values in the attached Excel Spreadsheet.
Note: Make sure that both the Aeros and the instrument you want to hitch to are both using the same color scale and illuminant/observer. This is typically either L a b or L* a* b*, and either D65/10 or C/2. It is important that they are set the same in both instruments and that they agree with the Standard or Target.
- Select the WORKSPACE icon in the menu and then select STANDARDS AND TOLERANCES.
- Select NUMERIC standard (instead of PHYSICAL) type and input a STANDARD NAME. Input the NUMERIC VALUES under Scale along with the optional TOLERANCES used to determine the color differences for Pass/Fail of the product. Press APPLY to continue.
- Press the HITCH button.
- Enter the Spreadsheet values that are calculated from Step 1 into the Target boxes for the Hitch Standard.
4. To make sure it is working correctly, re-measure the sample on Aeros. The values should match the existing Instrument now, and the Standard shown in the Color Data Table should be your Existing Standard. Be sure click OK and then click APPLY.
Do you still need more information? Submit a ticket and our support team member will reach out to you soon!
Article is closed for comments.