User Case: The Digital Quality Notebook (DQNB) cannot activate my license key and it shows the error "Failure to Activate the License Key."
This problem can occur when DQNB Client is installed in the system where EasyMatch QC is already installed as well. EasyMatch QC uses a different version of the license service (Hlsksvc.exe) than DQNB.
Please follow the below steps to resolve this issue.
1) Go to “Services” and stop “Hlsksvc” service, if found and running.
2) Start Command Prompt with Admin Privileges.
3) In CMD window, enter the command “cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\HunterLab” to change to the directory.
4) Enter “Hlsksvc.exe /unregserver” at the prompt and press <ENTER>. This will unregister the existing license service.
5) Enter the command “C:\Program Files (x86)\HunterLab\DQNB Client” to change the directory.
6) Now, enter the command “HLsksvc.exe /service” to register the license service.
Now, DQNB Client can activate the license.
Do you still need more information? Submit a ticket and our support team member will reach out to you soon!