Cleaning and Disinfecting your HunterLab Instrument Follow
Following the best practice procedures for cleaning your HunterLab instrument is important in order to avoid damage and to ensure proper hygiene between users.
We recommend using the stylus pen that is included in the standards box for instruments that include touch screens. You may order additional stylus pens directly from HunterLab (part number A13-1017-504), or you may obtain your own.
What you will need:
- Non-Abrasive Lint free paper towels
- 60-70 % isopropyl alcohol. DO NOT USE ALCOHOL GREATER THAN 70%
- Alternatively, single use alcohol based sanitary wipes can be used. DO NOT USE BLEACH or ALCOHOL GEL products to avoid damaging the touchscreen.
- Wash your hands with water and soap for 20 seconds, and then dry with a towel. Wear a face mask and protective gloves to prevent contamination.
- Save and close all open jobs that you wish to retain and then power off the instrument
- Dampen a paper towel with the isopropyl alcohol. Wring out any excess liquid to avoid getting liquid inside the sensor.
- Wipe down the outside of the sensor case.
- Repeat the alcohol cleaning of the touch screen (if applicable) and stylus pens with a new towel.
- Repeat the alcohol cleaning of any other accessories that were used since the last cleaning cycle.
- Dispose of all towels or wipes in the proper waste container.
- When cleaning the standards, follow the specific instructions in the user manual for that instrument. Follow these instructions.
- See the special tile cleaning instructions for Instruments that use PermaFlect white tiles. https://support.hunterlab.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032430251-Cleaning-Instructions-for-White-Standard-Tile-for-Agera-Aeros-SpectraTrend-HT
A video demonstration of the procedure is available at the following link:
Do you still need more information? Submit a ticket and our support team member will reach out to you soon!
Please sign in to leave a comment.